Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whoah Weird TV-News Synergy


Bonjour from Paris y'all.

So, I am reading an article in The NY Times Medium Blog about burikko (that Japanese "cute" voice women effect), when BBC-America airs a commercial for Huangzhou Tourism featuring a Chinese woman happily being chased by a balding white man. I'm not kidding.

BTW, if you follow the link to "Huangzhou Tourism" (URL provided on aforementioned TV ad), you'll notice the entire site is in Chinese. So they made a commercial geared towards whitey, but the site with more information is not in English. Someone obviously didn't meet their web redesign deadline...

Other funny thing I heard on BBC America this morning:

Siemens is now debating discharging certain members.

1 comment:

Russia said...

Dude, tell me that isn't a hotel room in Montmartre at some schmancy-ass hotel with a view of super expensive apartments across the street. I looked at the picture and I was like, "Um, that's the view I had from my bed when I was in Paris last, complete with door fixtures and window coverings..." What the...?