Friday, December 14, 2007

Whoah, where did you come from?

Space filling preface: The Holiday Season officially started yesterday when I looked for "Baby It's Cold Outside" sung by Carmen McRae (rrrrrr). Suggested Winter listening: Carmen McRae, CocoRosie, Fridge, Stars...

Moving on>> I'm not going to diss Pitchfork, but I was watching close to all 50 "top music videos of 2007" on Pop Music Uber Alles when I noticed a trend.

It's the "whoah where did all those people come from?" video (aka the verizon network video).

Case one:
1,2,3,4 by Feist (mash-up with Gloria Estefan's "1,2,3" anyone? Anyone?)


Case two:
What's a Girl to Do, by Bat For Lashes


Case three:
All My Friends, LCD Soundsystem


Case four (which wasn't on the Top 50 but should have been):
Sentimental Journey, by Yuki



link to The Top 50

No comments: