Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Really big hand job

Went to a "shoe maker" yesterday to buy some cleats/spikes for my boots so I could do more substantial mountain climbing.

The shoe maker gave me a set of rubber pull-on spikes to wrap around the sole of my boots. They were tight and I was having a hard time pulling the rubber hook over the heel, when he said in broken English:

It's tough rubber. It will be a really big hand job.


Did I mention I'm twelve?

Anyway, I really should have ponied up for bigger spikes. It could have made today's hike a lot less frightening.
All I have to say about today is, "thank God for Swedish nurses and Crossfit."

Tromso Nov. 24, 2009 from Ill Iterate on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Ed Sizemore said...

Glad you're alright.

What are you using to take these videos? The color is gorgeous. Very crisp images that show just how beautiful the countryside you're hiking through really is.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

ill iterate said...

Ed!
It's my Digital Harinezumi camera, which is made by Powershovel/Superheadz. Agreed it's a DOPE camera.

Ed Sizemore said...

I watched the video at work and so didn't get to hear the audio. Just listened to that and it's just as impressive as photography.

It's an incredible thing you're doing. I'm glad you're healthy and enjoying yourself.

I look forward to overall reflections when you get back to the US.